Medium Wide Kasai Konro Grill with Stainless Steel Frame V2
£415.83 excl VAT
£499.00 incl VAT
This updated version of the popular Kasai grill includes a more modern brushed stainless steel finish, floating feet and handles. This design of frame makes it perfect for both home use and the rigours of a commercial kitchen. These Konro style grills based on the world famous Japanese design are the best thing to use when grilling meats, fish, vegetables or finishing a sous vide cooked dish. Recommended to use with Binchotan charcoal due to its long burning properties and its ability to seal in natural flavours without imparting any other aromas.
- Free UK Delivery on orders over £75
- Grill size for 4-8 people
- Diatomaceous earth & brushed Sheffield stainless steel
- Working temperature 107°C to 350°C
- Includes a cooking grid as standard
- 2 x stainless steel handles for lifting
- 465 (L) x 355 (W) x 210 (H) mm
- 2 x stainless steel handles for lifting
- 1 Year Parts and Labour Warranty
- Due to the nature of the material this item is made from, they are not designed to be submerged in water, get wet or be left outside. Doing so will invalidate the warranty.
- Please note that the nature of this style of cooking is based on the coals becoming extremely hot – using Charcoal instead of Wood offers much greater heat due to a much higher energy content. With this in mind, the grill will also become and extremely hot and will need to be placed on a suitable surface capable of withstanding high temperatures.
- Please note, this product is made out of natural clay. After time it may develop hairline fractures, but this will not affect the quality or usage.
Why a Kasai® Konro Grill?
The Medium Wide Kasai Konro grill with its Sheffield made stainless steel frame makes it perfect for both home use and the rigours of a professional kitchen. It is the perfect size for any surface due to its compact design. It offers more versatility, better flavour and a more enjoyable cooking experience than you would ever imagine. It is the ultimate sous vide finishing tool, and believe us we have tried a lot of sous vide cooked food.
Our Kasai Grills Tiles are made from a natural mineral that goes through a process called exfoliation to become our Kasai Tile. Our special Kasai Tiles reflect heat back into the grill thus making the temperatures more consistent. They have been specially designed to withstand temperatures of up to almost 1,200ºC/ 2,200ºF We have really hit our sustainability aim here, as once the tiles are black, we can offer you replacement tiles, and the old tiles can be ground and used by gardeners. They are an effective soil conditioner that can loosen compacted soil, provide drainage, and hold three to four times its weight in water.
If you have ever travelled to Japan, you would have seen one of these small style BBQs on just about every street corner. Particularly as you walk around the entertainment quarter of Osaka (Dontonbori near Namba station) you will find a Konro at almost every restaurant with an expert operator twisting Yakitori skewers or some other delicious morsels.
The Konro is probably better known in the west as a Hibachi grill, but in Japan it is called Shichirin or Konro. It’s a bit complicated, but the Shichirin and Konro names probably evolved when these small clay or ceramic fire boxes started getting used for cooking instead of just heating.
The Konro grills are the best thing to use when grilling meats, fish or vegetables. Recommended to use with Binchotan charcoal due to its long burning properties and its ability to seal in natural flavours without imparting any other aromas.
This is a compact and simple charcoal grill that is made using a natural material that optimises heat retention. Because these grills have superior heat-insulation properties, charcoal used in them burns longer than in conventional cookers.
Nothing tastes quite like charcoal grilled chicken skewers or yakitori. Now you can make delicious yakitori and other grilled dishes on your patio tabletop with this convenient Japanese style charcoal grill. With decent quality lump charcoal or Binchotan a Konro produces a very hot source of heat (750°C). The compact size and shape and the firebrick/ceramic construction makes these grills perfect for cooking skews of meat or sliced vegetables. The food is inches away from the charcoal and the juice that drips down is instantly evaporated into a smoky cloud of deliciousness that infuses with the food on the grill. The hot temperature is also perfect for creating crisp caramelised skins on chicken and other meats. Makes food taste great!